Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Can the Attorney General provide legal advice?
    Because the primary restriction placed upon the Arkansas Attorney General’s office by State law is that the Attorney General is prohibited from the private practice of law, the Attorney General cannot provide legal advice.

    A list of Arkansas attorneys can be searched by city, county, and area of practice via the Arkansas Bar Association’s website at
  2. Where do I go for assistance regarding child support?
    Unlike other attorneys general offices, the Arkansas Attorney General’s office does not handle issues relating to child support. Child support is handled by the Office of Child Support Enforcement, which may be reached by calling (501) 371-5349.
  3. Where can I report scams?
    Scams may be reported to the Attorney General’s office by filing a consumer complaint online, emailing or calling (800) 482-8982.
  4. Where can I report issues with the Department of Human Services?
    Email Constituent Services regarding your questions and concerns.
  5. Where can I get clarification on Arkansas gun laws?
    Attorney General Rutledge issued Opinion Number 2015-064 concerning open carry in Arkansas. Questions concerning concealed carry license may be directed to the Arkansas State Police by calling (501) 618-8000.
  6. How do I restore my gun rights?
    You may contact Governor Asa Hutchinson’s office by completing an online form or calling (501) 682-2345 to obtain the necessary forms to begin the gun rights restoration process.
  7. Where can I file a complaint against an attorney?
    Complaints against attorneys may be filed with the Office of the Committee on Professional Conduct by calling (501) 376-0313. Grievance forms are also available on the Arkansas Judiciary website.
  8. Where can I file a complaint against a judge?
    Complaints against judges may be filed with the Judicial Discipline and Disability Commission by calling (501) 682-1050 or completing the complaint forms online.
  9. Where can I file a complaint against law enforcement?
    If you feel that local law enforcement officers have not fulfilled their duties, you may wish to contact the agency's Police Chief, Sheriff, Office of Professional Standards or prosecuting attorney. You may also wish to file a complaint with the Federal Bureau of Investigation by calling (501) 221-9100 or the U.S. Department of Justice by completing an online contact form at or by calling (888) 848-5306.

    If your complaint involves the Arkansas State Police, you may wish to contact the Arkansas State Police Office of Professional Standards by calling (501) 618-8929 or emailing
Contact Us
Sign Up For Attorney General Alerts